Friday, August 24, 2012

How to utilize your holiday?

Although it is a holiday, I've spent most of my time at home. Besides watching drama series and movies, I did nothing else. I'm so disappointed with myself. You have no idea how much the holiday means to me. I've not much free time especially because a whole chunk of it is devoted to my studies, work and family. Therefore,it came as a pleasant surprise and made me hard to believe that my company would be giving us a one week holiday.This happens to coincide with the semester break from my university. I planned to start on my final year project (thesis) but sometimes people feel lazy and want to slack back abit since people like me kept working and studying profusely. I really needed a break! Nevertheless, it becomes an Achilles heel for me when the 'break' is too long. Time wasted. Yes, I do read some books. They are good but i always have the tendency to get stuck at approximately 30 or 50 pages. Haha. This is me. Being impatient is one of my weaknesses. Yet I'm trying to defeat it. You'll see.

So, coming back to the thought of the day..have you planned your holiday wisely and effectively? How is it considered WISE or EFFECTIVE?
I'm not an expert or professional who can give you superior and awesome advices. However, I have some ideas which I think is good and would definitely lead in your  approval with me. We know mentally to differentiate the good and bad in some particular areas but tend to ignore them because we are easily influenced by the surroundings or environment.
For example, some people know smoking is bad for health but they still smoking and give themselves a lot of excuses why they can't stop it.
Another example, some people know that reading is good to gain more knowledge but they think books make them look like a nerd or fall asleep because books are boring. People tend to say they have read so many textbooks since kindergarten. Yes, I did complain about this. But if we look at it
from a more rational perspective, one would start to realise its wondrous benefits. You have started to eat since you were a baby so would you stop eating? Do you stop watching movies? Do you stop buying clothes? Dont get me wrong, I'm not asking you to read books everyday. The real deal loes in being able to find the time in taking up a book during your 3 weeks holiday and start seriously reading and equipping ourselves. So stop coming up with lame excuses that you have a boring holiday because books are beneficial for you no matter how good your language is now.

We must challenge our body, mind and soul. How?
You may say that I have no time to exercise. Why don't you spend your time doing some physical activities? Waste money? Who says you must hit the gym? We can do so many simple and wasy exercises at home. How about skipping a rope at home or playing a good old-fashioned badminton game with your friends and family in front of your house? I used to do that too. It does save cost and helping you to sweat. :)

You must think out of the box. I mean don't do something that you are so accustomed to do during your studying or working days. Try to do something different. Think differently. This world has an enormous amount of beautiful places which you have not visited yet. I just hate it when people say they have no money to go for a trip. Sometimes we do not need to spend much on a trip. Less that RM100 per day could make your day alread. :) Come on, it is a holiday. Less than RM50 is also not a problem. It's good if you have more friends to go for a trip because you can save on transportation fees. 出外还是要靠朋友的啊~
Too bad if you say you have no friends.If you really said that, you are definitely bound to have no friend because that becomes your perception. Please change your perception if you want to succeed in your life. How about I introduce a friend to you? Distance is not a problem because He is everywhere. His name is Jesus. He can be your best friend. :)

Stop thinking negatively or become emotional because you did not utilize your time well. Studies say that, "an unhappy person tends to have a low IQ and EQ".

How about practicing smile? Smile more. Are you smiling now? :)





No comments: